Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Would it taste good to add heavy whipping cream to chicken and rice ?

The chicken and rice also has a can of cream of chicken and broccolli. Thanks.Would it taste good to add heavy whipping cream to chicken and rice ?
I would not add the heavy whipping cream because the can of cream of chicken and broccolli is going to have a nice consistency after cooking. In addition, the heavy whipping cream may dilute the taste of the chicken/broccoli flavor, so if you added it, you would need to add more to the dish (like chicken boullion or other seasonings) to bring out the flavor.Would it taste good to add heavy whipping cream to chicken and rice ?
I would not. We have this dish at least once a month. I do not think it would be any good with the whipping cream.
It doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
Sounds great to me, I have been cooking for 20+ years %26amp; never make anything the same way twice-always throw something different in to try that sounds good. Thats how great cooks become great cooks. Make sure it is unsweetened or very lightly. It will only make it richer, use it in place if milk or water.
...need i answer this one? There are some combinations that I believe shouldn't be 'done together'...and this is one...





...save the heavy whip cream for something more important - like ';naked'; ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment