Saturday, December 26, 2009

No condensed cream of chicken soup, what should I use?

I need condensed cream of chicken soup, but I don't have it? What can I use?No condensed cream of chicken soup, what should I use?
Use another flavor of Cream of Anything soup.... or make a simple white sauce. This recipe below should replace 1 can of undiluted soup.








Basic White Sauce





2 tablespoons butter


2 tablespoons all-purpose flour


1 cup milk





In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and stir until the butter and flour are well combined. Pour in milk, stirring constantly as it thickens. Add more or less milk depending on desired consistency.No condensed cream of chicken soup, what should I use?
Sugarpie's right.......that's why I always keep a couple ';extra'; cans on hand........good strategy, as inevitably, it's some cold evening that I've just gotten home from work, and I don't want to mess with the entire prep of a sauce, so I ';cheat'; (yes, even trained professionals 'cheat' at times) every now and then......I try and keep on hand: Golden Mushroom, Cream of Potato, (which you can make into Cream of Broccoli Cheese, as the flavor is so neutral) and Cream of Celery......you might want to keep a stash of those onhand.....





Christopher
I agree with sugarpie...





you could also try mixing wine (or chickenstock) with some sourcream.
Just gave a ';thumbs up'; to Sugar Pie's answer but wanted to add that if you use Cream of Anything, mushroom or potato are the best substitute for chicken. It's mild in flavor like the chicken, and doesn't have distracting stuff in it like, say, asparagus. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment