Saturday, December 26, 2009

What does ';cream of celery'; and ';cream of chicken'; taste like?

I have some in my cabinets and I want to know what they taste like before I open a whole can and waist it if I think they're bad.





How similar are they compared to something like chicken noodle soup.What does ';cream of celery'; and ';cream of chicken'; taste like?
Not at all like chicken noodle soup. Those are condensed creamy soups and usually used in casseroles and other recipes, but they are good just heated. They are basically broth that has celery or chicken or mushrooms cooked and has been thickened with milk and canned. I would campare it to a chowder. I like the cream of mushroom best. Just heat with a little milk drink from a mug!


Here are some ideas to use them in:


Cream of chicken:


http://www.campbellkitchen.com/RecipeSea…


Cream of celery:


http://www.campbellkitchen.com/RecipeSea…


Cream of mushroom:


http://www.campbellkitchen.com/RecipeSea…


Cream of potato:


http://www.campbellkitchen.com/RecipeSea…What does ';cream of celery'; and ';cream of chicken'; taste like?
Those are mainly used in recipes for cooking but cream of chicken is TERRIBLE by itself. Ewww I throw up in my mouth a little every time i think about it. It is VERY salty and has no flavor unless you use it while cooking. But on the other hand cream of celery is good in my opinion. I also like broccoli and cheese soup.. but thats used for cooking most of the time too. Oh and potato soup.. yum..
These are a cream soup.





Chicken diced up with a chickeny cream sauce.





Celery diced up wtih a celerylike cream sauce.





Way different than chicken noodle.





If you are going to eat one of them as a soup and not use it in a recipe, choose the Cream of Celery.
the celery tastes like chicken, the chicken tastes like celery
i wouldnt eat them plain. i usually add them to certain recipes and stuff, but the cream of chicken wouldnt be bad
They are more so used for cooking like hot dishes and stuff
they taste like milk with a lot of salt in it...

No comments:

Post a Comment