Saturday, December 26, 2009

If a recipe calls for ';cream of chicken soup'; do I assume condensed? Or do I add water?

Condensed - just the can.


If you like you can also use any other cream of soup (cream of mushroom, cream of celery etc)If a recipe calls for ';cream of chicken soup'; do I assume condensed? Or do I add water?
use it in the condensed formIf a recipe calls for ';cream of chicken soup'; do I assume condensed? Or do I add water?
If it asks for water, add milk or half and half instead, it makes the soup really creamy...
If it doesn't specify to add water, then assume it's the can without any water....more often than not, that's what you'll add. What are you making???? Now you've gotten me hungry.
yes, it means condensed. Do not add water unless the recipe calls for it. Canned soup is for richness and flavor. Water will dilute it and make it too runny.





P.S. If you can find it, cream of onion soup by Campbells is wonderful for cooking. I use it in place of cream of chicken a lot of times.
when ever i see people use creamed soup, its the condensed version. but you can use what you want. water has to be added somewhere else in the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment