Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I made Greek Cream of Chicken soup and I used too much lemon. How can I reduce the strong lemon?

I tried to add more chicken broth but it only made the soup watery. The strong lemon flavor is still present. Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you!I made Greek Cream of Chicken soup and I used too much lemon. How can I reduce the strong lemon?
Place a whole, raw, peeled potato in your soup and let it simmer for about 30 minutes. Then remove the potato before serving. The potato will act sort of like a sponge for the extra acidity of the lemon.I made Greek Cream of Chicken soup and I used too much lemon. How can I reduce the strong lemon?
You'll need to continue to add the broth, but also add something to thicken it with. Greek Lemon soup is one of my very favorites, but I've had a hard time getting it ';just right';. You might also consider adding heavy cream or half and half, plus flour or cornstarch, to lighten the lemon flavor.
Instead of the cream you can also take 3-4 egg whites and whip them with a mixer until they are very thick. This will give the soup the avga that avgo lemono is supposed to have!
Sugar
  • internet explorer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment