Saturday, December 26, 2009

I need a vegetarian substitute for cream of chicken soup. any suggestions?

I'm trying to make potatoe cassarole and it calls for cream of chicken... and seeing as how i'm a vegitarian... that just won't work for me. I also want to make something everyone will eat. HELP.I need a vegetarian substitute for cream of chicken soup. any suggestions?
You could use any ';cream of'; soup, like mushroom, potato, onion or broccoli. Those will all change the flavor of the casserole though.I need a vegetarian substitute for cream of chicken soup. any suggestions?
I hate mushrooms, but I did just make some lovely gravy with vegetarian vegetable bouillon cubes. A thicker version could easily substitute for cream of chicken soup.
Cream of Mushroom or any other non-meat, cream-based soup.
Cream of Celery or Cream of Asparagus work great!!
Cream of celery, Cheddar cheese, cream of mushroom or cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup.
Cream of mushroom or cream of brocoli.


peace


GG
I would go for cream of mushroom soup for substitution. Pretty much will taste the same if you cook it with other stuff
Cream of Mushroom is what I always use as a substitute.

1 comment:

  1. I to have used cream of mushrooms for sub and it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete