Thursday, December 31, 2009

Can I make green bean casserole with cream of chicken instead of cream of mushroom?

I'm going by direction (because I'm not a good cook).Would it not taste as good or what??Can I make green bean casserole with cream of chicken instead of cream of mushroom?
Yes, you certainly can. The flavor will be different, but you may even find that you like it better with cream of chicken.Can I make green bean casserole with cream of chicken instead of cream of mushroom?
Do you think cream of onion would be better than cream of chicken? My husband is allergic to mushrooms. Thanks! Report Abuse

It'll taste just as good! A little saltier but still good. Some people are allergic to mushrooms so cream of chicken is way better to me than cream of mushroom.





Edit-


Ok so I just read all theother answers and they are correct BUT I like the first one best...short and to the point...Hope they get 10 points!
Go for it. Sometimes my best comes from just experimenting with different things. Sometimes my worst also, but I will continue to experiment.





My mom, bless her soul, never did anything exactly the same way twice. Always experimenting in her own way.
yeah actually you can. my mom cannot stand cream of mushroom and always makes it with cream of chicken, i think it tastes just as good! i love green bean casserole! be generous with the french fried onions :-)
Yes, you can use cream of mushroom. Cream of celery soup works well also.
It will probably taste good, but it won't taste the same. Cream of mushroom and cream of chicken have very different tastes.
Sure you can put a little garlic powder in it it tastes great.
what i would suggest is when u make the casserole with the chicken soup put in a little brown sugar it might sound horrible but it will blend with the salt and will even out
Cream of chicken will impart more flavor than the cream of mushroom will. Just enjoy.
Yes, in fact we sometimes put both cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soups in there.
It will taste just a little different, but it will be good anyway.
it tastes better than the mushroom imo
You ordainer that by yourself, what you think taste good. But it seems like it works. Just try, then you will find out.
yep, you can! It will taste just as good.
mm that sounds good.. glad you posted this.. im sure you can thanks for the idea
That would be fine, except it will have a chicken taste instead of mushroom.
Sure can. You can use cream of celery as well.
It'll taste just as yummy! A little saltier but still good.
Yes, and it tastes amazing!
Make green bean casserole how you want it (:
I might like it better because I'm not a big fan of the traditional recipe. When is dinner? ;)
sounds yummy, to me...
That's what I normally use - my kids don't like mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment