Thursday, December 31, 2009

Can I make regular long grain white rice (not instant) in the oven ... with cream of chicken or mushroom soup?

with mixed veggies - - - ??? Would it come out okay with cream of mushroom - if I dont have cream of chicken ?





And how long do i cook @ what temp.





I have made a chicken dish like this before - I am doing the exact same thing except with out the chicken


I dont remember how long or on what temp setting ?Can I make regular long grain white rice (not instant) in the oven ... with cream of chicken or mushroom soup?
yes you can here is one recipe





Ingredients


1 Whole chicken or chicken parts (legs,thighs ets.) to equal whole chicken, cut up


2 cups Long grain brown rice


2 packages Instant onion soup mix


4 cups Water





Preparation


Set oven to 350 degrees.








Put rice, soup mix and water in medium casserole or dutch oven. Mix well. Place chicken pieces on top of rice/soup mixture. Cover.








Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove lid and bake an extra 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.








You can also add cream of mushroom soup i do
  • internet explorer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment