Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I have a recipe that calls for milk, mayo and cream of chicken soup. Can I freeze it without cooking it?

I am making a sauce that goes over chicken and then baked. I am trying to make a bunch of dinners to freeze so the nights I work my husband can still have dinner(mind you he can't toast bread). This is his favorite and I need to know if these ingrediants would freeze alright.I have a recipe that calls for milk, mayo and cream of chicken soup. Can I freeze it without cooking it?
If you have doubts about the sauce separating in the freezer (I truthfully think it would be fine as long as it is blended really well) why don't you just heat the sauce in a saucepan and then add it to the uncooked chicken? That way, it is blended and he can still pop the whole thing in the oven to bake the chicken.I have a recipe that calls for milk, mayo and cream of chicken soup. Can I freeze it without cooking it?
With so many dishes calling for mayonnaise, it would be handy if this ingredient could freeze, but unfortunately the answer is no. Mayo cannot be frozen because it will separate during the freezing process and will not resemble mayonnaise when done.
You can bake it and then freeze it...all he has to do is pop it in the micro.
that would not freeze well at all


YUCK


itwould freeze much better already baked
Yes you can. Many sauces that have been thickened with flour will seperate when frozen, but melds back together when heated and stirred. Great idea!! I do the same and it saves money and greasy takeout temptation!!
no way. the milk will seperate when it thaws and i'm not sure what the mayo will do, but your milk will seperate and look like diareha.

No comments:

Post a Comment