Saturday, December 26, 2009

Is the amount of milk in Cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup to much for a 8 month old?

I like to cook casseroles and cook alot with cream of chicken and mushroom soup and of course I add milk to these for the taste. My 8 month daughter eats what we eat but I know she can't have cows milk until she is 1 year old. I didn't know if the amount of milk I would be cooking with would be too much for her??Is the amount of milk in Cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup to much for a 8 month old?
it is fine. since at 8 months they are are encouraged to have cheese, yougurt etc and that is made from COW's Milk.





Milk is fine in a sippy cup etc. they only say no milk before she is one as some babies will give up their breast milk or formula in favor of the milk but the breast milk or formula is better for them until the age of 1.








good luck.Is the amount of milk in Cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup to much for a 8 month old?
My grandson was eating cheese and yogurt and family food by your daughter's age. He didn't have any trouble. My daughter gave him the yogurt and cheese before the pediatrician told her not too and by then it was too late. The doc told her to go ahed since he didn't have any trouble. I think the milk in canned soup is so processed and pasturized that it wouldn't cause any problems but to be sure you should call her doctor.
Milk in food is fine- she's not going to eat enough of the casserole to get a HUGE amount of milk. I think the concern with cow's milk is that she shouldn't be drinking it like formula.





Beware the amount of salt in those condensed soups it's a lot- especially for a little one.



The amount of milk is not a concern.....babies can have whole milk (cheese, yogurt, etc.) after six months. However, it is not really ';healthy.'; There is a lot of sodium in that stuff. As long as it is not every night, I see no problem.


FYI: Mushrooms are on the highly allergic list....just be aware when you feed them to her in case she would have a reaction.
after asking my friend who is in nursing, she said 8 months old is too young for cows milk. Also with canned soup, you also have to watch the sodium amounts because that too can be a no-no for the baby.
should be fine since it gets cooked down. at least thats my opinion.
It will be fine. If she has milk in table food that is OK. I
the little amount that she will actually intake will not harm her at all
I don't think the milk would be a concern, but the salt content in those soups would be. You may want to find a lower sodium kind if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment