Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Is it okay to sub. cream of chicken for cream of mushroom?

I want to make a recipe that calls for cream of mushroom, but my husband doesn't like mushrooms so I was wondering if it would turn out tasting yummy. Its Campbell soups 3 cheese pasta bake.


Thanks!Is it okay to sub. cream of chicken for cream of mushroom?
Actually, I think the cream of chicken would taste better than the cream of mushroom in that. but in anycase, you really cant taste the mushrooms in the cream of mushroom... AND I bet if you didnt tell him, he would NEVER know! lol Thats what I do to my husband!Is it okay to sub. cream of chicken for cream of mushroom?
Generally, you can substitute cream of mushroom, celery, broccoli, or chicken for each other. It should be fine. For cheese and pasta bake, I would use cream of broccoli or broccoli cheese soup.
Cream of anything should work just fine. Cream of chicken will have a chickeny flavor, but that will probably be fine for for a cheese and pasta bake. A slightly better choice would be cream of celery
Yes you can becuase I do it all the time. I don't like mushrooms either. I bet you all will love it, try it.
You should be fine. I've substituted it on numerous occasions, and the meal has always been delicious. Neither has an extremely dominating taste, so it's really not noticed.
All of the cream soups are interchangeable to suit your own tastes. I use cream of celery instead of mushroom for green bean casserole.
Absolutely! My husband won't go near a mushroom either, so the cream of chicken soup is the way I make all the casseroles for us.
u can substitude cream of anything with cream of anything


it is just a preference of your taste buds....
It is okay to sub it. you can sub it on the green bean cassarole too.
you can sub it ,but if he saw the recipe he won't believe you and swear he tastes the 'shrooms.


It will taste good though.
Cream of chicken will definitely work, or you could even try cream of celery.
Yes and cream of celery is also a good substitute.
Without a question. My wife dislikes mushrooms and we use cream of chicken instead. It's still delightful.
of course! I hate seeing those balck flecks in crem of Mushroom, and use c of chicken or C of Celery most of the time.
yes some times it tastes better with cream of chicken
Yes I do it all the time... its the most common thing to substitute with
Yes...and it will be just as good.
yeah it sounds really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment