Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can I use something else, other than heavy cream in chicken alfredo?

you can use light cream in a pinch.


Our you can make a white sauce and add parmesan to itCan I use something else, other than heavy cream in chicken alfredo?
You can use half and half,riches whip topping(liquid)


evaporated milk.If you have to use plain milk just thicken it with some roux....it will get you by for the time being..........Can I use something else, other than heavy cream in chicken alfredo?
I substitute when I have to . If you are going to use something thinner just use a little less of it. Such as milk or water. If I substitute with water, I'll use a little less and maybe add some bullion to boost the flavor.
My husband is lactose intolerant - I use the coffee creamer ';Mocha-mix'; for all recipes that call for cream or milk as I don't have milk in the house, I use it straight for cream or dilute it 50% water for milk. I haven't had any problems. The only think I can't do with it is whip it into whipped cream. I've never had a recipe failure using it.
Milk or half and half, but then you need a thickening agent such as wondra or starch.
You can try evaporated skim milk, although your results may not be quite as delicious. There are lots of recipes on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment