Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How do I make cream gravy, like for chicken fried steak?

I'm a southern gal we know all about cream gravy.


1 cube of butter [1/2 cup] melt in a pan add 1/2 cup flour stir add about a quart of milk, until it is the constancy you want. That feeds a family. But we use margarine.


My grandma used real butter, cream instead of milk. But thats way to rich.How do I make cream gravy, like for chicken fried steak?
Buy the jar gravy, like Heinz beef. It's pretty good.How do I make cream gravy, like for chicken fried steak?
Mrs Foster is a girl after my heart. Love that gravy!
You can make a basic white sauce with a tablespoon of melted margarine, a tablespoon of white flour and milk (whisk the milk slowly until desired consistency).





When I make gravy for biscuits I use bacon or sausage fat instead of Margarine.





If you want turkey or chicken flavoured gravy, use concentrated broth from a roast and thicken it with cornstarch and milk mixture ( Mix one tablespoon of cornstarch with half a cup of milk). Season with seasoned salt.
Campbells Chicken gravy. Already done.
in the market where all the seasonings are get country style or look up on the internet country style gravy recipe
Gravy is real easy to mess up.Most places use pepper gravy for chicken fried steaks.It comes as a powder.It is easier to buy if your not use to making gravy.
Grease, flour and water.
Homemade gravy is a little difficult. I like to get the packets and do it that way.





I never measure when I cook, but homemade gravy includes a little grease, flour, pepper, and milk.





Try 3 or 4 tbsp of grease, 1/4 cup milk, 3 or 4 tbsp flour, and about 1/2 tsp pepper.





Mix Flour, milk, and pepper in a cup and add to hot grease in a skillet on medium heat, when it starts to solidify, stir or whisk until it is the desired thickness.
  • guy myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment