Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Can I replace cream of mushroom with cream of chicken?

Im making a Tuna casserole. However, I want it to be a broccoli tuna noodle casserole. Im not a fan of cream of mushroom. All the recipes Im finding call for cream of Mushroom. Can I use Cream of chicken instead? Will it affect the taste much you think? Im also thinking of adding a can of Brocolli cheese as well...Can I replace cream of mushroom with cream of chicken?
Sure you can substitute pretty much any cream of soup. It will change the flavor slightly, but if you don't like mushrooms, no big deal.Can I replace cream of mushroom with cream of chicken?
Yes, you can substitute. The taste will change a bit and it will probably be more creamy, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.





Adding or substituting broccoli cheese soup will make it thinner (especially adding) but I'd encourage you to experiment - that's how some of the best recipes come about!
Mushrooms, generally, add an earthier flavor to a food but I have never found that cream of mushroom ever adds that earthier flavor.





Cream of Chicken should work just fine since it will be mildly flavored and the tuna in the dish should override the chicken flavor.





My wife and I replace the tuna in Tuna Helper with chicken and it turns out great.
Sure you can. Cream of brocolli might be good too.





I shouldn't make it taste ';off'; if that is what you are asking.





If it were me though, I would use the mushroom, you won't taste it at all if you add a pungent cheese topping to the casserole like grated Parmesan cheese.
it will probably affect the taste, it will taste like chicken not mushroom, but other than than, it shouldn't change it much.
instead of cream of chicken, which will affect the taste you could add cream of celery

No comments:

Post a Comment