Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Can I use plain yogurt in place of mayonnaise and whipped cream in a chicken salad recipe?

I do, but first I drain it, (colander lined with coffee filters over a ceramic bowl) then add lemon juice, garlic and dill for flavoring.Can I use plain yogurt in place of mayonnaise and whipped cream in a chicken salad recipe?
Yeah plain yogurt will work fine. You may want to brighten the flavor of the chicken salad a little with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.Can I use plain yogurt in place of mayonnaise and whipped cream in a chicken salad recipe?
Yes you can.....you can even substitue sour cream.....maybe 80% yogurt and 20% mayo and you probably would not even be able to tell in the taste or texture...but sour cream gives the same creamy texture as the mayo
eww won't that make it sweet?
ew that would taste nasty

No comments:

Post a Comment